STIHL trimmers for use around the home are available in either loop handle or bike handle styles. Both options come loaded with convenience features, such as upright, translucent fuel tanks, easy-to-access air filters and purge pump primers to help prevent flooding. These features save you time and effort, something you’ll appreciate even more when it’s 100 degrees outside in the shade.
You’ll find nothing but quality components in all STIHL grass trimmers for the home. These aren’t your typical trimmers – they feature streamlined, ergonomic designs, unyielding performance and durable parts made to last year after year. Here are a few of the features you’ll find on every gasoline-powered STIHL grass and weed trimmer:
- Multi-Function Control Handle delivers easy access to ON/OFF and throttle controls on one comfortable handle. This makes it easy to use without the operator’s hand ever leaving the handle. Some models feature a momentary stop switch, ensuring the switch is “ON” the next time you start – helping to prevent engine flooding.
- Adjustable Front Handle can be positioned for optimal comfort.
- Fuel-Efficient Engine runs longer on a tank of gasoline, reducing fuel costs.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-on-Steel Centrifugal Clutch helps reduce slippage and provides durable, long-lasting wear.
- Long-Life Engine Cylinders provide optimal cooling, lubrication and more power output per cubic centimeter of engine displacement for maximum wear life.
- Easy-Access Air Filter allows for easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Easy-View Deflector provides easy-to-see cutting and is also designed to protect user against flying debris.
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion resistant.
- Ergonomic Design reduces fatigue and enables comfortable operation.
- Smooth Edges will not snag on clothing or brush.
- Built-in Hanger in rear allows for easy storage.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob helps prevent damage.
- Protected Spark Plug is protected yet easy to change.
- Purge Pump Primer enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, providing easier starts.
- Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock helps prevent accidental acceleration.
- Enclosed Throttle Cables eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- Upright Fuel Tank with Retainer Cap for easy fueling.
Want to see these features in person? Visit your STIHL Dealer for hands-on demonstrations and personal assistance to find the perfect trimmer for your needs. With a STIHL grass trimmer in hand, you’ve got the power to take back your yard. Weeds and hard-to-reach grass don’t stand a chance.
STIHL is the #1 selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America and the Number One selling brand of chainsaws in the world*. Sold and serviced through our network of independent Dealers, STIHL power tools deliver versatility and dependability. STIHL tools are German engineered, and many are built right here in America and exported to over 90 countries around the world.* To find one of the over 8,000 STIHL Dealers near you, visit the Dealer Locator.
*A majority of STIHL powerheads are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components. "Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research as well as independent consumer research of 2009-2013 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers ©2014 STIHL.
|Compare||Model||Displacement||Engine Power||Weight*||Fuel Capacity|
|FSE 60||--||--||4.0 kg (8.8 lbs.)||--|
|FS 40 C-E||27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)||0.7 kW (0.94 bhp)||4.5 kg (9.9 lbs.)||340 cc (11.5 oz.)|
|FS 56 C-E||27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)||0.8 kW (1.1 bhp)||5.2 kg (11.5 lbs.)||340 cc (11.5 oz.)|
|FS 56 RC-E||27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)||0.8 kW (1.1 bhp)||4.8 kg (10.6 lbs.)||340 cc (11.5 oz.)|
|FSA 65||--||--||4.3 kg (9.5 lbs.)||--|
|FS 50 C-E||27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)||0.8 kW (1.1 bhp)||4.6 kg (10.1 lbs.)||340 cc (11.5 oz.)|
|FS 38||27.2 cc (1.66 cu in)||0.65 kW (0.87 bhp)||4.2 kg (9.3 lbs)||330 cc (11.2 oz)|